Bee-Aware Month 2023
WHAT IS BEE-AWARE MONTH?
Bee-Aware month is an annual educational campaign run by Apiculture New Zealand. Each September they set out on further educating New Zealander's on the life and importance of bees, and what we can do to support and protect them.
Answering many frequently asked questions, as well as a complete library of educational and fun resources, Apiculture NZ are encouraging Kiwis to get involved. Visit their website here, to learn and discover more.
WHAT WE'RE DOING TO CELEBRATE BEE-AWARE MONTH
Given our love and day-to-day connection with the bees, we're celebrating this campaign with pop-ups in local communities in both Marlborough and Wanaka.
We also have a fun colouring in competition, which you can learn about more below.
JOIN US TO CELEBRATE THIS SEPTEMBER:
Looking for something fun and interesting to do these school holidays? Why not come visit our pop-up:
- Come and meet our beekeeper - as well as ask them any questions you may have!
- Get up close and personal with our bees and find out what makes them so special.
- Taste some honey
- Enter our colouring competition
*Parental supervision is required.
Lavender Farms, Wanaka
Where: 36 Morris Road, Wānaka 9382
When: Tuesday 26th September from 1030am - 12noon.
Vines Village, Blenheim
Where: 193 Rapaura Road, Rapaura 7273
When: Tuesday 3rd of October from 1030am– 12noon.
Show us your creative side by taking part in our Bee-Aware month colouring in competition!
All entries go in the draw to win a prize pack and our lucky winner will be selected by the TPH team and contacted via email.
Here's how it works:
1) Choose your picture out of the three options below and hit 'DOWNLOAD'
2) Print off your blank canvas
3) Get colourful and creative and show us what you've got.
4) Scan or email us a picture of your finished masterpiece to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries close 30 September 2023. GOOD LUCK!