We recommend squeezing the lime juice and the blood oranges fresh for ultimate flavour — so go ahead and skip the bottled stuff.
And for those who like a salted rim, this recipe experiments with a blend of both coarse salt and lime zest.
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Taylor Pass Manuka Honey UMF 10+
- Lime zest, to rim glass
- Coarse salt, to rim glass
- Blood orange slices, to garnish
- Lime slices, to garnish
- Combine the tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice, and honey in your cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice, cover, and shake vigorously until chilled, about 10 seconds.
- On a small plate add the zest from 1 lime and a generous amount of coarse salt. Stir. If desired, rim your glass with the salt/zest mixture.
- Fill your serving glasses up with ice. Strain and pour the margarita over the ice. Garnish with a fresh blood orange slice and lemon slice if desired.