Recipe by: Chef Jason Roberts
- 40 sheets filo pastry (2 x 375g or 1 x 1lb pack) thawed , preferably overnight
- 3 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups salted pretzels
- Dried rose petals (optional)
- 250gm/ 1/2 lb unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Taylor Pass Native Flower Honey
- Preheat oven to 160C / 325F.
- In a 9 x 13"" baking pan, cut filo to fit.
- Keep pastry covered with a damp tea towel at all times.
- Place walnuts and pretzels in a food processor, pulse a few times or until you have fine crumbs - but NOT powder.