Taylor Pass Honeydew Corn Fritters with Bacon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels*
- 1 x 400g tin creamed corn
- 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 medium size egg
- 6 slices of Honey smoked Bacon strips
- 1 Tbsp Taylor Pass Beech Honeydew Honey
- Salt, pepper and fresh parsley to garnish.
*If using frozen corn, cover with boiled water for approximately 1-2 minutes then drain water.
Combine corn kernels, creamed corn and egg in a bowl. Sift over flour and combine. Place batter in fridge for 1 hour.
In a large pan over medium heat spoon about 1 Tbsp batter per fritter, and cook 5mins per side. Set aside cooked fritters in a warm oven while preparing the rest of the mixture. Add bacon to pan and cook with the last lot of fritters.
Serve on a bed of baby spinach, with a drizzle of Taylor Pass Beech Honeydew Honey. This dish works from brunch through to dinner.