The Best Healthy Banana and Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are so delicious, moist and so easy to make. If you have little kids (or big ones!), then trust us when we say they'll become a staple in your household.
SERVES: Approx. 6
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed smooth (ripe is important!)
- 1/3 cup natural / coconut yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbs Taylor Pass Native Flower Honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Heat oven to 180fan.
Grease your muffin tin with a little coconut oil (skip this step if you are using a silicone muffin tray).
Using a fork, mix all the wet ingredients into a large bowl, then briefly stir in the baking soda.
Using a spatula, carefully fold the remaining dry ingredients in until just combined, then sprinkle your blueberries in. Be careful not to over mix — this is the secret to fluffy muffins!
Divide evenly into 24 mini muffins, or 12 large muffins.
Bake the minis for 17mins and the large for 20mins, or until the tops bounce back when you press on them lightly.
- Let cool before serving and store in a sealed container.